Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Historic Houses of Charleston


Woodrum-Stevens House

836_lower_chestnut_drive010_standard

The Woodrums-Stevens house at 836 Lower Chester Road is one of the three original houses built in the Woodrum Partition, now part of the Edgewood Historic District. It was built in 1920-1921 by C.E. Woodrum, one of the owners of the Woodrum Furniture Company. The house is believed to be the only house in Charleston that is a mirror image of itself, meaning that the front and back of the house look the same. The home was built on a promontory, and below is the original carriage trail that residents once used to reach the Woodrum Partition. The home has been owned by Thom and Pam Stevens since 1991.



Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.