Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Historic Houses of Charleston


Johnson-Davis House

1422_kanawha_blvd_039_standard

This Queen Anne-style house at 1422 Kanawha Boulevard was built in 1888-1889 for Judge Okey Johnson, a justice of the West Virginia Supreme Court from 1876-1888. M.T. Davis, president of the Kanawha Mine Car Company, lived in the house from 1896-1922. The house, occupied by the Children’s Home Society of West Virginia, is part of the East End Historic District.


Related Articles


Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.