This South Hills house was built in 1902 for Frank Cox, a coal executive. His daughter, Alice Boyd Cox, married coal executive D. Holmes Morton. The house, also known as Home Hill, was constructed by Andrew Calderwood and is the earliest example of American four-square house in South Hills. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. Calderwood, a native of Scotland, helped build some prominent buildings in West Virginia, including the Burlew Opera House in Charleston, and the First Presbyterian Church in Parkersburg.