Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Historic Houses of Charleston


McAndrews-Gallaher House

601_briarwood_standard

The house at 601 Briarwood in South Hills was built about 1914 in the style of a farmhouse of the late Victorian period. The first resident may have been Frank J. McAndrews, who was the state commissioner of Workmen’s Compensation. The house was added to the National Register in 1984.

Read the National Register Nomination


Related Articles


Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.