W.E. Chilton II House
This neo-Georgian stone house was built about 1933 for William E. Chilton II and his wife, Nancy Ruffner Chilton. The home was designed by nationally known architect William Lawrence Bottomley who designed numerous public buildings, private clubs and private residences in the eastern United States. Most of the stone for the property came from a nearby quarry. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984 and remains in the Chilton family.
Read the National Register Nomination