Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Historic Houses of Charleston


John Carver House

1516_kanawha_blvd_east_standard

This house at 1516 Kanawha Boulevard was built in 1902-1903 for coal operator John Carver and his wife, Frances, by brothers John and Wayland Davidson. Carver emigrated from Wales and moved to Charleston in the 1870s. Along with brothers Enoch and James, he operated Carver Brothers Coal Company. The house is now commercial office space.


Related Articles


Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.