This red brick house at 1599-A Quarrier Street was built about 1920 by prominent banker John C. Malone. He sold it to coal operator and entrepreneur William G. Caperton (uncle to former governor Gaston Caperton) and his wife, Katherine, in 1928. In 1947, it was purchased by Sadie Tweel, who owned a confectionary on Lee Street. Over the years, the house served as an office, a union headquarters and a rooming house. In 1980, the house was purchased and restored as a private residence. The home’s unusual address came about because the neighboring house, which was built first, was 1599. When the property was split and the corner lot sold, the house became 1599-A.