Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Historic Houses of Charleston


Guthrie-Conley-Hayes House

849_edgewood_standard

This house at 849 Edgewood was built in 1907 and is the oldest in the historic district. Augustus Guthrie, a coal operator, commissioned the house, which who constructed by Ambrose Grayson Higganbotham, who also built Sunrise for former governor William A. MacCorkle.


Related Articles


Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.