Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Helvetia


The Teuschers

Johannes_and_anna_teuscher_standard

Originally from Boltigen, Canton Bern, Johannes and Anna Teuscher moved to Helvetia in 1872 from Ohio. In the 1880s, Johannes Teuscher and a partner built a small milk house at the Teuscher farm where surplus milk purchased from farmers was made into cheese. Photo by Aegerter.



Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.