Helvetia residents dedicated the German Reformed Church on November 12, 1882. Services were held in German for many years, but during World War II it became impossible to find ministers who spoke both German and English. The Presbyterian Church began to provide pastors to the congregation, and in 1947, members voted to become part of the Presbyterian Church. The church remains a vital part of the community. Photo by David Sutton.