Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Helvetia


Welcome sign

Helvetia_sign_standard

Visitors to Helvetia will see this sign: “And so in 1869 this handful of Swiss craftsmen found themselves in a wilderness of vast beauty – with unfamiliar tools and skills they hewed and plowed this unyielding land – and they called their village Helvetia.” The Randolph County town is on the National Register of Historic Places. Photo by Steve Shaluta.



Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.