Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Webster County map

Note: click on the icons overlaying the map to get more details about that specific point.


Webster1200ap_huge Star_red250_s24 Dot_black250_s12 Dot_black250_s12 Tree_green250_s32 Tree_green250_s32 Default_sq16 Default_sq16 Default_sq16 Default_sq16 Default_sq16

Webster County

Webster County was created on January 10, 1860, from parts of Braxton, Nicholas, and Randolph counties. Named for Daniel Webster, the county occupies 556.2 square miles and is drained by the Elk, Gauley, Williams, Cranberry, Holly, and Little Kanawha rivers.

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2019 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.