Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Barbour County map

Note: click on the icons overlaying the map to get more details about that specific point.


Barbour1200ap_huge Star_red250_s32 Dot_black250_s12 Default_sq16 Default_sq16 Default_sq16 Tree_green250_s24 Default_sq16 Default_sq16 Default_sq16 Default_sq16

Barbour County

Barbour County was created from parts of Lewis, Harrison, and Randolph counties by an act of the Virginia legislature on March 3, 1843. The county was named for the distinguished Virginia jurist Philip Pendleton Barbour, as was the county seat, Philippi. Settlement began as early as 1780.

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2019 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.