Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Article Discussion

Note: This discussion is related to the Irish Mountain article. Please read the article in full before contributing to the discussion. Thanks!

Comments about Irish Mountain

Name Message

PATRICIA HISER says...

On 11/16/14
at 05:36 AM

Hello, My great-great-grandmother was Rebecca Elizabeth Guinn who married Simon James O’Connor. My grandmother Mary Thelma Kincaid told me that Simon and Elizabeth actually donated the land to St. Coleman’s Catholic Church for $1. The children used to call Elizabeth ‘Liza’. From what I’ve been able to trace, the Sullivan family actually married into the O’Connor family at County Kerry, Dingle, Ireland before they came to America.

Thanks. Patricia Hiser

Jrene Anders says...

On 11/21/16
at 10:14 AM

Hello, Patricia Simon James O’Connor was my great- great grandfather. My grandmother was Myrtle Bragg. I would love to know more on the ancestors of the family.

Thank you, Jrene Anders

Alyssa Sloan says...

On 03/17/18
at 10:43 PM

My dad’s grandmother was Margaret O’Connor, the daughter of Simon O’Connor and Rebecca Gwinn. According to my information, Margaret married Abraham Sloan, and one of their son’s was Hugh Sloan, my grandfather.

To participate in article discussions, you must sign in.

If you don't have an account, you can register for a free account here.

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2024 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.