Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Article Discussion

Note: This discussion is related to the The Baldwin-Felts Detective Agency article. Please read the article in full before contributing to the discussion. Thanks!

Comments about The Baldwin-Felts Detective Agency

Name Message

Michael DeHart says...

On 09/16/10
at 02:47 PM

My great-grandfather was one of the seven Baldwin-Felts agents killed at Matewan, Clayton Troy Higgins. He was a retired police chief of Galax, Virginia.

Bobby Bush says...

On 03/27/12
at 03:46 AM

I have been researching labor violence, and I would like to hear from people with family ties to the Felts agents. Please send me an email at B_L_Bush@yahoo.com

Hugh Phillips says...

On 10/01/18
at 05:25 PM

Baldwin Felts Thugs is what they were referred to, still are to some of the old-timers. Like all the union-busting strikebreakers, they were simply hired killers. In the end, the coal companies destroyed the rights of the miners and the union is hardly a factor at all these days. Sad what has happened.

To participate in article discussions, you must sign in.

If you don't have an account, you can register for a free account here.

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2024 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.