Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Article Discussion

Note: This discussion is related to the Ohio County article. Please read the article in full before contributing to the discussion. Thanks!

Comments about Ohio County

Name Message

Barbara Winters says...

On 02/04/14
at 12:04 PM

I was remembering the 1936 flood. I lived on National Road in Fulton at the time, I was eight years old. We had a two-story house and the water was two feet from coming onto the second floor, where family was staying with their furniture all piled up from downstairs. The water covered National Road in front of the house over to the trolley tracks. Rowboats brought groceries to the houses that needed them. We just had to wait it out. After the water went down it was such a mess to clean up. Then in 1937 another flood hit, but wasn’t quite as bad, but still got in on our first floor. Being only eight years old, I thought it was fun, but I guess my parents didn’t.

To participate in article discussions, you must sign in.

If you don't have an account, you can register for a free account here.

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2024 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.