Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Article Discussion

Note: This discussion is related to the Jones Diamond article. Please read the article in full before contributing to the discussion. Thanks!

Comments about Jones Diamond

Name Message

Raymond Wickline says...

On 06/26/16
at 05:57 PM

My grandmother Lillie Jones Wickline was a sister to grover Jones who was punches father.

Raymond Wickline says...

On 06/26/16
at 06:03 PM

My grandmother Lillie Jones Wickline was a sister to grover Jones who was punches father.this.would make my father William R (Billy)Wickline and Punch Jones first cousins. My father was born in red sulpher springs wv

Catherine Caudill says...

On 12/28/16
at 12:43 PM

My family has a funny tie to this story. My great-grandfather, W.C. Caudill, was a doctor who lived in Pearisburg, Virginia, and delivered all of the Jones children. Family lore has it that when he delivered the 17th child, a girl, Mr. Jones was so upset he refused to pay him for his services. I grew up hearing this story and the one about the diamond, I’ve always wondered what happened to it after it was sold all those years ago.

To participate in article discussions, you must sign in.

If you don't have an account, you can register for a free account here.

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2024 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.