Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Charleston History Through Postcards


Elks Club

Charleston_card018p_standard

In 1904, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks bought this building at the corner of Quarrier and McFarland streets. After fire destroyed the state capitol in 1921, the third floor was occupied by the state attorney general’s office.



Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.