Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Charleston History Through Postcards


Plaza Theater

Charleston_card007p_standard

When the Plaza Theater opened in 1912, it was called "The Home of High-Class Vaudeville and Novel Attractions.” The theater went out of business in 1919 and was sold. In 1921 it reopened as the Capitol Theater. It closed again in 1982, but was later restored and is now owned and operated by West Virginia State University.



Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.