Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Article Discussion

Note: This discussion is related to the Camp Woodbine article. Please read the article in full before contributing to the discussion. Thanks!

Comments about Camp Woodbine

Name Message

Kay Nichols says...

On 09/03/11
at 03:38 PM

We always called this Camp Splinter. Does anyone know about that name?

Keith Kindsvatter says...

On 12/29/18
at 12:02 PM

My father was a laborer in Camp Woodbine from 26 APR – 30 SEP 1934. He was only 18 y.o. when he enlisted in the CCC at Ft. Knox, KY, and he did so to get out of a breadline. I possess his original discharge document and was wondering if their is a historical site I might donate it to.

Please contact me at kkindsva@msn.com if you have information and enter CAMP WOODBINE in the email title so I will know that it is not junk mail. Thank you!

Mike Keller says...

On 12/31/18
at 09:00 AM

I’m sure the West Virginia State Archives would like to have your document. I suggest you contact Records Archivist Debra Basham at Debra.A.Basham@wv.gov and see what she thinks. I’ve also sent you email.

To participate in article discussions, you must sign in.

If you don't have an account, you can register for a free account here.

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2024 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.