Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Article Discussion

Note: This discussion is related to the Sunrise article. Please read the article in full before contributing to the discussion. Thanks!

Comments about Sunrise

Name Message

Vicki Kruse says...

On 02/10/15
at 06:14 PM

Have just found this article. Did not know that Sunrise was once again a private residence. Thought it was still a museum. I live at the original Sunrise, in Rockbridge County, Virginia. My father, Richard S. Nuckols purchased the house and 250 acres from the Bare Family in the 1960’s after I-81 went through and divided the 390 acre farm. The Bares had purchased it from the MacCorkles. I feel blessed every day to look out of the front of my house to magnificent unblemished view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is a wonderful place, and I have heard many interesting stories along the way.

Mike Keller says...

On 02/11/15
at 09:05 AM

Sunrise isn’t a residence, it’s now the Charleston office of a West Virginia law firm.

To participate in article discussions, you must sign in.

If you don't have an account, you can register for a free account here.

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2024 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.