Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Article Discussion

Note: This discussion is related to the John P. Hale article. Please read the article in full before contributing to the discussion. Thanks!

Comments about John P. Hale

Name Message

Scott MacKenzie says...

On 05/01/11
at 01:24 PM

This article omits much about his military career. He followed the 22nd Virginia to the Kanawha Valley in September 1862, but resigned his commission in order to return to his salt business.

Kelly Hale says...

On 02/15/17
at 12:04 AM

He is my cousin. We share Edward, the father of Narrows, Virginia and Revolutionary War hero. What I wanted to add to this, besides being able to boast about being cousins, is something I find that is not often discussed, or perhaps known, about John P. and is very interesting, and it is that he is indeed related to Nathan Hale, the Revolutionary War hero. One night, when I had nothing better to do, I traced our Virginia line and Nathan’s Northern line, and while I do no claim to be a genealogist, it would appear from records that both Nathan’s Northern line (1632) and John’s Southern line, with its earlier arrival date in Virginia in 1620, are the same Kent County, England Hales. If I can find the paper I traced the lines on, I will come back and show the joint in the family tree of these two great Americans. Hale yeah! :)

To participate in article discussions, you must sign in.

If you don't have an account, you can register for a free account here.

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2024 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.