Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Charleston History Through Postcards


Capitol Annex

Charleston_card010p_standard

The capitol annex at the corner of Lee and Hale streets housed the offices of the auditor, treasurer, the Supreme Court, the state law library, the adjutant general, and the Department of Archives and History. The state vacated the building when the new capitol was completed in 1932. The building later housed the Kanawha County Public Library from 1926 to 1966 and Morris Harvey College from 1935 to 1947. The building was demolished in 1967.


Related Articles


Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2014 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.