Skip Navigation

Sign In or Register

West-virginia-encyclopedia-text

Charleston History Through Postcards


Davis Park

Charleston_card005p_standard

This postcard shows a corner of Davis Park at the corner of Capitol and Lee streets. To the right is the YMCA, which opened in 1908. Henry Gassaway Davis donated the land for the park, and his statue still stands there. The YMCA building was torn down in 1981.


Related Articles


Other Exhibits

West Virginia Humanities Council | 1310 Kanawha Blvd E | Charleston, WV 25301 Ph. 304-346-8500 | © 2018 All Rights Reserved

About e-WV | Our Sponsors | Help & Support | Contact Us The essential guide to the Mountain State can be yours today! Click here to order.